Ensuring that your house is clean and clutter free is just the first step in a list of ways which can get you your asking price and that too faster. No matter if you out houses for sale in Auckland or Christchurch, there are some not-so-commonly known methods and ways which can get your goal faster.
- Set up half empty closets: Sure you should make your house clutter free and clean out your closets as storage is the one thing which everyone is looking for. This is the one thing which buyers can never have enough of. But here’s a little tip for you- make sure that you just take half of the things out of the closet and then proceed to organize what is there. Buyers are sure to snoop so keep the cabinets and closets tidy and clean.
- Don’t bring your pets out: If you have pets, then it’s natural you will think that a big cuddly dog will just warm up the heart of your buyer. But not everyone loves pets so don’t have potential buyers see a bowl of dog food or kitty litter when they walk into your home. Definitely, don’t let there be a tuft of animal hair all over the place or stuck on clothes. It will just give off the impression that your house isn’t clean. So if you are planning on having an open day, then just send your pets off to a pet kennel or pet hotel for the day.
- Light your place up: Make sure that there is adequate light in your house. The one major thing which comes after location is good light. Surveys have found that it is the one thing which most buyers cite when they see a home. Along with this, clean up your windows, take down your drapes, put in better light giving bulbs and change up the lampshades. You should also trim the bushes and trees outside your house so that more sunlight streams in. If your house looks open, cheery and bright, then it will definitely be more sellable.
- Set the price right: Appraise your house well and then make sure that you shave off about 15 – 20 percent from it when out it up. You are sure to be crowded with buyers who will offer you multiple bids. Even if you have the worst market, even there you will get the price at least well over what it is actually worth. Of course, there is risk involved in it and that why many homeowners don’t go for this method. But it is really a good strategy to opt for in today’s house market.
- Choose the agent well: One sale killer is definitely not getting the right broker for the job. So when hiring, make sure that you get a broker who is really informed. They must constantly keep an eye on the various listing services, have good knowledge about which properties are going to be on the selling market and more. Also, make sure you get a broker who is tech-savvy and embraces technology.
Following these steps will give you an edge over other sellers and will ensure that your house sells off faster.