For changing your lifestyle, moving to the retirement village can be a huge leap. So this decision should be taken after discussing it with your family and friends and you should consult them regarding all the important matters which you may have to face after going to the retirement village. You should also consider several alternatives like taking home help to ask for a helping hand from the agencies or government by moving to the smaller houses. If you are purchasing the retirement village then you will be needing a financial planner who will manage the income and the spending ratio.
How you can compare the retirement villages
- When you are enquiring about a particular village make sure you are asking for the factsheet which will help you in comparing the similarities as well as the differences in what you are getting in terms of other villages.
- You can also talk with the residents of that village to know about all the positive and negative aspect of living in that village.
- Word of mouth is a very trustable thing so you can ask your family or friend and go to a retirement village where they have a property or they know somebody who has one.
- You should compare the contracts of retirement villages before you are picking anyone. Before you are signing the contract make sure it is including all the verbal assurance that you have been promised.
- Always pick the retirement village by looking into the financial requirement and your location. There will be a certain set of questions that one must ask the person who is selling the property to them. Make sure that the village that you are picking is near to the places where you need to go for an emergency like a hospital,s police station etc.
Questions that you should be asking?
- Does this retirement village is having any kind of waiting list?
- How the retirement village is going to be managed if someone who is in the waiting list is selling the resident with the help of an estate agent?
- One must ask a question related to the policy of visitors, car parking and pets.
- How the retirement village is maintained and what is the system behind it?
- How close the retirement village is from the medical facilities, entertainment, public transport, and shopping facilities.
Features which retirement villages have:
- Meeting rooms
Retirement villages are considered to be quite special when it comes to accommodation. Every retirement complexes include several services. These services should be kept in mind while one is selecting a retirement village for oneself. The price and the location is the prime thing but you should also consider the neighborhood. Buying the retirement village is quite different than investing in a property. When you will be leaving the village you may have to face some substantial cost. Buying the retirement village is a type of lifestyle decision.